Mochisox and I made paper Harry Potter wands! They’re easy and don’t require many resources.
- Roll up a piece of construction paper (any color) into a diagonal tube. (Tighter for a thinner wand, looser for a thicker wand.) Glue the edge to the tube so it won’t unroll. Let this dry.
- Cut off the ends so they’re level, not jagged.
- Stuff the tube with newspaper or scratch paper. This will make the wand tougher.
- Fill the ends with glue from a hot glue gun to round off the ends. You can also use the glue gun to add designs to the ends.
- From here on out, it’s pretty much up to you. You can wrap around more paper for a handle (like the holly wand), add glue gun designs around the handle, paint the ends, et cetera. Brown/tan paints for wood, gold, and silver are a must.
There’s videos all over youtube for this method. If you get stuck at some point, go ahead and look there! Good luck!
- 12” black walnut and spruce. Unicorn tail hair. Precise.
- 16” ebony and Japanese crystal. Griffin feather. Musical. (Foreign wand.)